Translate

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Captivated by Moving Grace

mesmerized,
her body glided
across the stage
moving lithely
with grace

a pirouette,
twirling and
spinning,
unbelievable
outstanding

extending her leg
above her head,
arching her back,
she fell faultlessly into
his awaiting arms

gently raising her body
above his head,
he twirled her,
a human arch,
delicate
balanced
beautiful

with controlled tension
and beautiful grace,
he gently lowered her body
to the floor
and the two
danced
as one

back and forth
across the stage,
stepping lightly,
barely touching
the floor
or the other’s hand

breathlessly,
I watched
the two
dance as one

from the depths
of my being
I applauded,
with tears of
   joy
    delight
         awe and
            amazement
streaming
   down
       my 
          face

captivated
by the beauty of
beholding
two
become
one
in the
movement
of
grace

Precious Linda, c. 2013


2 comments:

  1. Nice job of taking an almost meaningless word and turning it into something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On April 12, 2013, I wrote:

    "Thanks, Dale! I appreciate your comment. It was nice to have something to work from, after writing a short piece at our Practice Writing Group on Tuesday. I'd love to hear what you and the others wrote, too!"

    ReplyDelete